Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Half way there.....

I haven't written in qutie some time! I've been busy with school! And when I say school, I mean work... uh.... That's gonna get some getting used to. I'm in school and I work at a school, so it's confusing when I talk about school! I'm easily amused.

I've also been sick a lot. I posted on Facebook the irony that I find in it. I had to quit my job and loose my insurance to student teach, yet I'm now surrounded by germs in the classroom and more prone to illness! First, it was a flu-like illness. This time it was a cold turned Bronchitis! I'm sure I'll be sick lots more before my immune system bulks up.

I have 1 1/2 weeks left at this placement before I move on to the middle school placement. I am not looking forward to being at the middle school, but I am ready to become more involved in the special education aspect of it. My placement at the elementary school was in a general education room, but at hte middle school I'll be with the inclusion specialists. After nearly 2 months in the classroom, I've enjoyed the general education room better than I thought I would. However, I've also discovered that I still have a yearning for helping those students who need specialized one on one instruction.

In other news, we're going to the State Fair this weekend! I haven't been in like 9 years and Jeff has never been! Fried margarita here I come!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! You guys look great! I'm sorry to hear you've been sick a lot. :( I have another friend that's kind of in the same situation...I think she's had strep about 3 times this year already; she's student teaching in Rowlett and then the last time I saw her she was covered in some weird rash, lol. I felt kind of sorry for her. Yeah, I don't even want to talk about the State Fair - good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristen! Yeah, studen teaching is hell on the immune system!

    I read your horror story about the fair! I'm sorry it sucked for you! I'm a little worried about the crowd since we are going on the last weekend. We are going to take the Dart train down to avoid traffic and parking, so hopefully that will help!

    ReplyDelete