Sunday, October 17, 2010

State Fair fun






We had a good time at the State Fair and went to the Science Museum while we were there as well! Definitely not worth the money you spend. The food I tried was disappointing, though Jeff and London enjoyed theirs. I spun the wheel in the lotto tent and got to go in the money chamber. It was fake money. They give you lotto tickets. I didn't win anything. My favorite part was the Science Museum. I love doing stuff like that and we got free admission since we were at the fair. We rode only one ride since there were like 5 bucks a pop per ride per person! Loved it though and we're making plans for Holiday in the Park now. Stuff like amusement parks is stuff that Jeff and I have avoided and missed out on because of our weight. You don't realize how much you stop living until you start being able to live again. I've avoided amusement parks, water parks, sports, swimming, dancing, you name it. I loved swimming and laying out this summer at the in-laws pool. Next summer, I'll be laying out wherever, whenever. It's liberating. My summer I should be at my "I'm happy now" weight. It's surreal sometimes to realize. My next winter I will be 120. I say will be. I don't say should be. I don't say might be. I don't say want to be. I will be. It's a decision to live a certain way; to be the person I want to be. It's not a matter of trying. It's not a matter of whether or not I can get there. I can get there. It's a matter of will I or won't I. And I will.

3 comments:

  1. LOL, I guess I should read through BEFORE I post. I wrote My summer and My next winter... It was supposed to be BY summer and BY next winter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GO GIRL! You know we're close now...we should exercise together in the evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girl! I know we totally are... Jeff and I go for walks most nights. Maybe you and I could take some of them together instead! I'm sending you an email about getting together this weekend!

    ReplyDelete