This week has been so exhausted I haven't even been able to think straight. Student teaching has been amazing so far but it take a lot out of you physically and mentally. I've also been working 3 nights a week and Saturday and Sunday. I turned in my notice at my job where I have worked for more than a decade and my last day will be this Monday. I'm not sure why I thought I'd actually be able work work half-time while I did my student teaching, but there is absolutely no way that would be possible. I haven't had any free time to do anything but school and work. I'll be playing catch up for a week or two and I can't wait to get back to a normal schedule. I'm celebrating next weekend with an "I quit my job" party and everyone is invited so contact me if you don't get the 411 on it.
My first classroom observation by my clinical supervisor will be next Thursday. I'm actually not nervous about it at all. I took over Reading instruction this week and will be adding writing instruction next week. I'm really excited about it and I'm ready. The school district actually does a lot of the curriculum planning for you so that helps. I have an awesome host teacher. She's one of those model teachers that you want to learn from. I'm blessed to have her mentor me and can't wait for what's to come next.
I have to comment on my own blog and say that I just read the first two stentences and already see typos. Told you I'm tired!
ReplyDeleteYou my dear are an inspiration...
ReplyDeleteThank you Kristen, that means a lot. I miss you girl! I hope ya'll come to my party, I'll send you an email about it.
ReplyDeleteE-mail me details again... I got it but now I can't find it. I think I accidentally erased it. Oops
ReplyDeleteI sent you the information. I hope you guys come. I miss you so much!!!!
ReplyDelete