Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year. A New Me.

1/1/11 begins a new journey for our family. I am officially done with school, or nearly anyways, and will embark on the daunting task of finding a teaching job. The process of getting my certification transferred to Texas alone, is going to stressful. The competition for teaching positions is brutal. My only solace is that I have impressive recommendations, and a dual certification, which includes special education. Hopefully, I will have steady sub work while I search. If I don't find a permanent position this spring, I'll be working at Sylvan Learning Center, or something of the like, over the summer. I may be doing that regardless. We were lucky Jeff found a job when he did, but it'd be nice if it had benefits, and perhaps paid a bit more. There are definitely more expenses than there is income at this current moment. So, this year will hopefully be a year of great gains. I will be graduating and becoming a certified teacher. Jeff will be finishing, or nearing the end of his schooling, as well. London will be finishing his last year at the Freshman center, and moving on to the ENORMOUS high school. I feel like it's all held together with a string right now, but there's no looking back.

At the same time, this year will be a year of great losses. Weight loss that is. I stalled out this fall on weight loss, while Jeff moved full steam ahead. I actually gained 8 pounds and am quite perturbed. Today is day one of getting back on track with www.myfitnesspal.com and counting every calorie that goes into my mouth. It becomes very frustrating, having to log every single thing you eat. However, I have learned, that if I do not, I will indeed eat too much. It becomes all to easy to say "Just one more" or "I'll be good tomorrow". I guess I just love food too much. It's the Italian in me... or maybe the Polish! Either way, This girl loves to eat! Jeffery on the other hand, is doing wonderfully. He's hit the 75 pound mark and looks fantastic! We both have quite the journey ahead of us, but I know we will be successful! My new goal is to lose 45 pounds by June 1st and Jeff's is 40 pounds. My 120 pound final goal weight has been pushed back, but, I know I can do it by the end of the year! It will help that we are getting an elliptical machine, for free, from some friends of ours!!! I am so grateful to them for their generosity! We just have to get it moved from their house to ours! I will be on that thing daily, burning off the fat!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve/Day! Hoping for a spectacular 2011 for all!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you guys. This is incredible and definitely motivating to know that it IS possible to finish school and it IS possible to lose weight; neither of which I have accomplished yet...YET. And I can NOT believe London will be a sophomore. Gone are the days of me, you, London, & Cat sitting at Chili's and him telling us that he's going to use his peepee to do everything because we were going to chop off his legs and arms for being so bad and getting into everything. Man they grow up fast!

    ReplyDelete