Sunday, August 11, 2013
Wow. I forgot I had this blog.
My second summer as a teacher is coming to an end. This has been a busy summer, filled with doctor appointments, volunteering, driver's ed, and first jobs!
Second summer volunteering at the community outreach, but this summer I did it alone. In lieu of volunteering, London started his first summer job! He's making pizzas, and loving it! He's working very few hours and will continue working on the weekends, during the school year. He also FINALLY took driver's ed this summer. He's gotten in some practice time, and has completed the class, but in Texas you have to hold a learner's permit for 6 months before you can get your license! I'm not nervous at all about him getting his license. I'm ready. I can't wait to stop driving him around!
London starts his senior year this year! We had his senior portrait session this summer, and I will post pictures as soon as we order them! We did the ultimate session, and I will have them on layaway for a while. I can't believe I have a Senior! Community college is in London's future, and he's thinking about a degree in Sociology. He will transfer to a 4 year university, and get a Bachelor's degree.
I found some time to relax this summer as well. We had a great visit from Candy and Emily, and enjoyed our 5th annual Dog Days of Summer party... in our new house! We were able to move out of Jeff's parents house and move into our own rental home during march, and have spend the summer in our own home. No pool in the backyard... but there is a great community pool! I haven't used it nearly as much as I thought I would. It's just not as fun, when it's not in your backyard. I still have hopes that we will be able to purchase a hope with a pool. I will post pictures of the new house and our summer fun!
Some of you have followed me on my weight loss journey. Well, I've gained it all back. Just about all of it. When I look at current pictures and old old pictures, I must have been heavier than I thought at my "heaviest". But, I'm nearly there again. So, back to square one. I've jumped back on My Fitness Pal, and will be counting every calorie again. I've done it once, I can do it again. I have boxes full of clothes in my closet, that I was so happy to fit in to, and now I can't. I plan on working out with the "boot camp" teachers at school, and we are looking to get a treadmill and elliptical for the house. I know that if it is at a gym, I won't go. I think that if it is at home, I just might. I don't mind physical activity- I can spend hours in the garden, and will again, once it cools off outside. But, I HATE "exercise", and I'm bored with "walking". I need to post a picture of my super fat self and happy weight self on the refrigerator.
I start my third year as a Special Education Math teacher... and will be the department Team Leader this year! I spent the second semester of last year as the assistant team leader, so I had chance to ease into the position. Last year was so crazy, I wouldn't even know where to begin explaining the craziness. It was however, a great year. I expect another great year, and a bit less craziness. I officially go back to school in two weeks, and the student's go back on the 26th, but I've already started working. I will be at school full time next week getting the team ready for the new year!
Hopefully I will find time to update throughout the year, and won't forget I have a blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment