Monday, May 30, 2011

When did summer get here?

So much for posting more often. I haven't updated in three months, expect for a picture of my new hair cut in April. I have no excuse other than being in a big ol' rut. Seriously, I've not had any motivation to do anything. I have a TON to do, and could totally be working on my Mary Kay business that I am once again neglecting. I'm so glad summer is here and that we are CUTTING OFF OUR CABLE! We're doing it for financial reasons, but hopefully that will get us up off our rears and moving. I can feel my brain cells dying. Of course, right now I've gone and gotten myself sick, so I'm perfectly content to sit here on the couch doing nothing. Hopefully I'll muster the energy to finally get my lesson plans onto my digital portfolio- then I can add it to my resume and send some more out to principals today. There are a few jobs in Wylie available, so I need to get on this quick.

I'm on the hunt for summer employment. I really need to find a summer only job, because even if I don't secure a teaching contract this fall, I need to be subbing and in the principals sight. I've been applying for daycare, nanny, and tutoring positions, but so far I've only had one interview. I plan on going out this week if I'm not subbing, and collecting some retail applications. I'm certainly going to enjoy the time off that I do have. I plan on being very productive. My summer goals are:

* Work out daily
* Working in the yard regularly
* Spend at least ten hours a week working my Mary Kay business
* Read a book
* Paint my kitchen
* Loose 30 pounds
* Spend time with at least 1 friend every week

I think these are highly attainable goals. All it takes is a little energy and effort on my part. I have got to get rid of this lazy bug.


No comments:

Post a Comment